2 types of visas – entry visa (single and multiple) or transit visa (single and double) for foreigners and stateless persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan are issued in a following way:
- Single entry visa – validity period of such type of visa is up to 90 days and allows only one entry-exit in this period.
- Multiple entry visa – validity period of this visa is up to 2 years and allows a person to enter a country several times during a relevant period.
- Single or double transit visa – are issued to foreigners and stateless persons to allow transit passage through the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan to a third country. Validity period of transit visa is 30 days; period of stay in a country is 5 days. Transit visas are issued by taking account traffic route via air, water, railway and other transport means and time spend on it.
Period of stay in a country indicated in a visa is used during a validity period of that visa. Visa that is not used during this period loses its force.
Categories and Purposes
Entry visa has three categories – diplomatic, service and ordinary.
- Diplomatic and service entry visas – are issued to foreigners and stateless persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan for only official purposes.
- Ordinary entry visa – can be issued to foreigners and stateless persons if they visit the Republic of Azerbaijan for the following purposes:
- Science and education
- Culture and sport
- Personal travel
- Medical treatment
Attention! Foreigners or stateless persons temporarily residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan more than 15 days must be registered at the place of residence.
The procedure for issuance of single or multiple electronic visas through “ASAN Visa” system is carried out by State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The duration for a stay in a country for a single electronic visa issued within 3 business days through “ASAN Visa” system is up to 30 days, the duration for multiple electronic visas is up to 90 days.
Foreigners and stateless persons may also apply to obtain a single electronic visa in an accelerated manner within 3 hours via www.evisa.gov.az website, regardless of non-working days and holidays bound by “ASAN Visa” system.